"We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Marianne Williamson

Sunday, January 16, 2011

2011- The year of the handmade gift

I have always loved making things, but have rarely given my finished products away to others except my kids of course. I think this is because I haven't felt my stuff was good enough. My friend Kim, gave me a lovely lavender heat pack for Christmas. She made it and I love it because she cared enough to spend time and effort creating something with me in mind. How special is that? Kim has inspired me to do the same. So don't look at the uneven stitches, mismatched fabrics and crooked seams! It's special because I made it. This week, I made this apron for my beautiful friend Kim for her birthday. The 2nd photo is of me modelling the apron before I gave it to her. Here's to 2011- the year of the handmade gift! Well, I'll see how I go.





No comments:

Post a Comment