"We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Marianne Williamson

Saturday, July 23, 2011

I'm back!

It has been a while in between posts, but I have good excuses! The holidays disappeared as they always do way too quickly. It was so good to get away to Darwin for a little bit even though I missed my family!
When I arrived home, some patterns that I had ordered before I left were waiting for me. For the first time, I am going to try to make some clothes for me! My Grandma recently gave me an overlocker so I am hoping to gain more confidence in sewing clothes... A very exciting prospect. Thanks Gran!

Here are the patterns
A sneak peak at my first attempt at a dress for me. Loving the grey and mustard combo atm
This week, I made a pretty skirt for our little friend who is turning 2 soon. Love the apple fabric-


Anyone could make this skirt. It is just 2 rectangles sewn together at the sides with a strip of green added and hemmed at the bottom. Press the top of the rectangle over, stitch and insert some elastic. Easy!

Stay tuned for my finished dress soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment