"We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Marianne Williamson

Monday, January 14, 2013

DIY wall art

This week, I got sick of staring at the blank wall in our dining room!

Here it is with my daughter (dressed up as a cow of course!) Terrible pic, sorry. I get so impatient/ excited to start projects that I rush taking my 'before photos!

She's measuring the wall for me. What a helpful girl!
We are in this part of the house so much that I really wanted to start making it look interesting. We have been in this house nearly a year now, but have mainly been focussing on getting the outside looking presentable and making a place for the kids to play.

I have had my eyes out for something for this wall for a long time, but just haven't seen anything that grabs me that is also in our price range...and then I had this brilliant idea! Wallpaper covered canvases! I'm really happy with the way they turned out- they add a bit of interest to the room and will do the job until we get around to painting the walls (soon, I hope!). Here it is!



The helpful husband


The canvases were on special for $7 each at a local craft store (gasp! So cheap). The wallpaper was from Bunnings (not so cheap for a 10m roll, but I was in love!). I still have more than half leftover so I might think about how I can use it elsewhere in the house.

In other news, I am busting to show you a massive project that I've been working on for a few days (also in the dining room). I am thrilled with the result, just waiting for the husband to come home from work so we can reassemble and I can decorate. Here is another terrible 'before' photo.


Stay tuned for the amazing 'after' shot!

Thanks for reading!

Bec

2 comments:

  1. Great work you have done, these canvases are increasing the attraction of the empty walla. Many thanks for sharing this great post with us.

    http://bigsight.org/bestcanvasprintsbycanvasdesignuk

    ReplyDelete
  2. i enjoyed this project, you have really a helpful girl and husband too, these wall art are looking very attractive, i will try them shortly whenever i feel free.

    bespoke art

    ReplyDelete