"We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Marianne Williamson

Friday, March 22, 2013

Stripes!


I think I have a serious addiction to Pinterest! It is a never-ending source of ideas and inspiration for me. I see an item of clothing and think, 'Ooh I like that, I wonder if I could make it?' And then I give it a go.  That's what happened with this dress. I have had the fabric for a long time and stumbled across this pic on Pinterest, originally from HERE




And this is what I came up with. The little black bodice part is lined using the method I described HERE. It works every time! Then I added the stripey part and kept adjusting it until I was happy with the fit.



I have also been loving playing around with PicMonkey to edit my photos. It's a great online photo editing/ collage creating program and it's free! I would highly recommend giving this a go.


Hours of fun to be had with PicMonkey!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment